- End to end site development in Drupal Migration from Advanstar CMS (ASP.NET framework) and Drupal 6 sites into Drupal 7
- Required migration of users, content (article, news, events etc.) along with specific categories, authors, workflow statuses and associated images/files
- Complex and rigid workflow
- Less scope in framework change or customization
- Unsupported version
- No new features
- Old themes
- Studied the architecture of 'Migration source' (Old DB Structure)
- Designed the 'Migration Destination' structure/architect
- Mapped all the entities in Drupal 7 like Users, Nodes, Taxonomies etc.
- Created custom entities/content types/tables to retains the old workflow statuses
- Used various Drupal out of the box migration modules like ('Feeds', 'Migrate', 'Backup and Migrate' etc.) and created custom modules/scripts using Migrate API.