Drupal Creator, Acquia Co-Founder & CTO Dries Buytaert to Talk About the Future of Drupal and Digital Experiences
Acquia, the digital experience company, today announced that Dries Buytaert, Drupal creator and Acquia co-founder and CTO, will keynote DrupalCon Barcelona on 22 September 2015, spotlighting the next opportunities ahead for the Drupal community. DrupalCon brings together thousands of people from across the globe who use, develop, design, and support the Drupal platform.
"The web as we know it is changing so quickly, and new users are experiencing it in completely different ways," Buytaert said. "I'm looking forward to talking about how the web is changing, and the role that Drupal 8 may play. We're engineering for a future that continues to support critical connections to people, companies and organizations around the world."
In addition to Buytaert's keynote, Acquia experts are participating in more than 18 sessions, many of which will spotlight Drupal 8. These sessions will feature topics including:
- Planning for Drupal 8.1.x, 8.2.x, and our Future Together
- Drupal 8 Multilingual Site Building Hacks
- Building Semantic Content Models in Drupal 8
- Configuration Deployment Best Practices in Drupal 8
- Remote Teams are the Future - How to Make them Click?
- Fundamentals of Front-end Ops
- Caching at the Edge: CDNs for Everyone
- Drupal and Security: What You Need to Know
- Making Drupal Fly: The Fastest Drupal Ever is Here!
- Acquia Certification exams will be offered during DrupalCon Barcelona, offering the opportunity for developers to be certified for their Drupal skills and knowledge. Exams include Acquia Certified Developer, Back-end Specialist, Front-end Specialist, and Drupal Site Builder.
Acquia will host a Partner Summit on the 21st of September to provide attendees with the chance to connect with local Drupal shops and global digital advertising agencies, gain insight into the Acquia roadmap, and network with key Acquia executives including Joe Wykes, VP of global channels; Tom Wentworth, CMO; Jim Shaw, VP of Worldwide Presales and Solution Architecture; Renee Bochman, VP of customer experience; and Tim Bertrand, chief revenue officer.
In addition to the sessions, Acquia will be sponsoring industry meetups to spotlight how industry leaders are using Drupal to deliver contextual and engaging digital experiences. These informal networking events are open to all attendees, and provide the opportunity to network with some of the biggest Drupal users in media, entertainment and publishing, higher education, NGOs, public sector, financial services, and life sciences.
The conference will be held at the Barcelona International Convention Center from 21-25 September. Acquia is a diamond sponsor of DrupalCon Barcelona and will be exhibiting throughout the conference. Attendees are encouraged to visit Acquia at booth 400 for mini-sessions that provide Drupal best practices and strategies. There will also be live demos, giveaways, and a raffle.
For more information visit www.acquia.com/drupalcon-barcelona.