- Low performance of Old Jserve web server.
- High cost of Weblogic app server licensing.
- Limited support for concurrent users.
- Scalability issues (webserver to be restarted every night).
- Tight coupling between Template processor based UI and server side code, made
- UI enhancements difficult.
- Migration to new infrastructure was difficult due to old technology stack.
- Complete application re-architecture using Tomcat, Java JDK and Spring MVC; eliminated Weblogic.
- Created multi-tenant architecture to support multiple application instances by web server and database.
- Adopted open source software stack (except existing Sybase DB).
- Developed enhanced connection & transaction management capabilities.